We often gain by our losses. The one who has suffered no loss is still a shallow person. It was expedient for the disciples that the Lord should leave because the Spirit’s presence was contingent upon His physical absence. Christ’s work must be complete so the Spirit can apply it to the hearts of men. Jesus must die and be resurrected. The Holy Spirit will draw men to His offer of salvation. And the best news? We’ll see Jesus again.
· God forgives our sin and beckons us to Himself for which we offer Him our gratitude and praise:
Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. . . .
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands
· Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight-
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· the homeless in the pandemic,
· greater wisdom for living life,
· the needs of your immediate family,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
May the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen (1 Peter 5:10-11).