It is a momentous morning as Mary and Mary Magdalene walk to the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea, intent on anointing the body of Jesus but not knowing how they will get into the tomb. They say to one another, “Who will roll away the stone for us?”
Miracle number one: The stone has been rolled away. Miracle number two: An angel is sitting in the tomb to explain to them what has happened. Miracle number three: Jesus is gone; He has risen.
They have two responses. They were amazed! And they report to the disciples all that they have seen.
They expect to deal with death. But they find themselves in the middle of more life than they can imagine. Such paradox is God’s way. He brings life from death. Even in the midst of this pandemic, people are discovering more than death.
· Give your praise to the Lord for offering you the gift of eternal life:
He is the Rock, His work is perfect;
For all His ways are justice,
A God of truth and without injustice;
Righteous and upright is He
· Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
So Samuel said: “Has the Lord as great
delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams
(1 Samuel 15:22).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater faithfulness with your time,
· the president, national leaders, and national affairs,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord