The supreme activity of a Christian is worship. As Jesus talks with the Samaritan woman about a location of worship, He proclaims that God is spirit and that those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.
For worship, God is indifferent to places, nationalities, and methods. We may worship Him on a mound of dirt or in a cathedral. But we must worship Him in truth. When our body sits in a worship service but our mind is elsewhere, we are not worshiping.
Worship is an act of the will. You can decide to worship. Enter into the songs that are sung, the prayers that are prayed, and the Scripture that is read. Offer Him spiritual sacrifices, and you will experience worship.
· As an act of personal worship, offer this psalm of praise to the Lord:
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous!
For praise from the upright is beautiful.
Praise the Lord with the harp;
Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings
· Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses,
For they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness’ sake, O Lord
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you (John 15:12).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater passion for moral excellence,
· the ministry of Christian education institutions,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore
(Psalms 121:7-8 ).