It is easy to get someone to talk about God, but try to talk about Jesus, and it is not so easy. People will often talk about “feeling close to God.” But mention Jesus, and people start to get uncomfortable. Say that Jesus is the only way to God, and people get downright offended.
But Jesus says that if you accept Him, you accept God; and conversely, if you do not accept Him, you do not accept God. When someone talks about being close to God but wants nothing to do with Jesus, you can be sure he is not yet close to God.
Regardless of anyone’s unbelief, here is the simple truth: Jesus is God the Son, and He is the only way God has provided for sinners’ reconciliation with Himself.
· Praise God for His merciful provision of a Savior:
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
I said, “Lord, be merciful to me;
Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You”
· As you consider God’s mercy, confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand (John 10:27-28).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater appreciation for Christ,
· a revival in our nation during COVID,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6).