The genius of God’s moral code is that everything He requires of us is for our own good. When we violate His code of life, we suffer harmful consequences.
Joshua’s success is dependent upon not deviating from God’s Law. God instructs Joshua to meditate on the Law day and night so “that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it” (1:8). When Joshua does according “to all that is written in it,” then “[he] will make your way prosperous, and then [he] will have good success.”
Anything less than obedience to God is not only disappointing to Him-it is self-destructive. There is more than one reason for faithfulness to His Word.
· As you think of the impact of the Word of God on your life, offer the Lord this praise:
Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
For the Lord is the great God,
And the great King above all gods. . . .
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker
· Having offered Him your praise, now pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
We look for light, but there is darkness! . . .
Our sins testify against us;
For our transgressions are with us,
And as for our iniquities, we know them
He will again have compassion on us,
And will subdue our iniquities.
You will cast all our sins
Into the depths of the sea
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, come to Him with your concerns and desires:
· your spiritual growth,
· the reemergence of our country’s economy,
· your activities for the day.
· Finally, offer this prayer to the Lord:
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace