A list of the sins of Samson:
- Fraternizing with pagans
- Marrying an unbeliever
- Disobeying his parents
- Touching a dead animal
- Murdering innocent people
- Visiting a harlot
We are often tempted to disregard the truth. We weary of being good and fighting natural inclinations. But one look at Samson’s life reveals the consequences of giving in to that weariness. We must wait on the Lord and have our strength renewed.
· Give praise to God that He forgives our sins and uses us to accomplish His purposes despite our iniquities:
The Lord is righteous in all His ways,
Gracious in all His works,
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;
He also will hear their cry and save them. . . .
My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord;
And all flesh shall bless His holy name
Forever and ever
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord;
Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive
To the voice of my supplications.
If You, Lord, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater appreciation of God’s mercy,
· safety as we open back up as a nation.
· your activities for the day.
· Finally, offer this closing prayer:
Set me as a seal upon your heart,
As a seal upon your arm
(Song of Solomon 8:6).