(Have shared this before but it is worth repeating since the world is not listening)
1. Pray for wisdom, safety, courage, and virtue–as a way of life.
2. Study the issues, such as a biblical view of justice, race, the state, and rights. For starters, read Francis Schaeffer, A Christian Manifesto. Then, Os Guinness, Last Call for Liberty.
3. Don’t speak about what you don’t know. Be different.
4. Don’t follow a multitude in doing evil–or being stupid.
5. Do not destroy anyone else’s property or threaten their person for your cause.
“Civil war is the worst of all kinds of war”–Blaise Pascal.
The end does not justify the means.
6. Don’t put your final hope in politics.
7. Don’t deny the importance of politics.
8. Politics is downstream from culture.
9. Work on strengthening the good, the true, and the beautiful in culture–in the home, in the school, in voluntary organizations.
10. Build up the church.
11. Never sacrifice personal virtue for the sake of supposedly common good.
12. Choose 1776 (American Revolution) over 1787 (French Revolution).
13. Chose Martin (Luther King, Jr.) over Malcolm (X).
14. Don’t swallow non-Christian ideologies whole. Study the roots of ideas. For starters, see Francis Schaeffer, How Shall We Then Live (history of ideas). Then, James Sire, The Universe Next Door(worldviews).